"We still would have lost the election because we had 9.5% unemployment. Let's take it where that came from. The policies of George W. Bush and the Republican support for his initiatives, tax cuts are for the wealth, recklessness by some"
I suppose it was inevitable that someone would do this
An anonymous author wrote to me the following statement:
"I am sick of people telling me what a great job Obama has done since taking office. Here's a list of his many failures."
1. Seized control of General Motors and forced the ouster of its duly elected CEO.
2. Ended combat operations in Iraq allowing terrorist insurgents backed by Iran to continue their attacks with little real opposition.
3. Increased the number of American casualties in Afghanistan to its highest level since operations in that country began.
4. Improved the ability of foreign based terrorists to carry out attacks on the Free World (see Times Square bomber as an example).
5. Bows to dictators.
6. Signed the order to release terrorists from the Guantanamo Bay prison so that they can rejoin their terrorist brothers.
7. Has embraced the Man-caused Global warming mantra despite evidence to the contrary.
8. $789 billion economic stimulus plan which has continued to cause an economic decline and increase unemployment (unless you count the millions of new/temporary census work jobs counted every hour).
9. Redistributing taxpayer money to people who don't need it because they bought a hybrid car.
10. Redistributed taxpayer money to people who don't need it via the "Clash for clunkers" program that was over budget and needed additional funding in the form of more taxpayer dollars.
11. Deployed additional troops to Afghanistan attempting to replicate the success of the "surge" in Iraq…it failed in Afghanistan.
12. Ended media "blackout" on war casualties; reporting full information
13. Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB.
14. American Recovery and Investment Act cost millions of jobs while spending billions of taxpayer dollars on failed programs.
15. Unemployment continues to hover near the 10% mark (as of 11/05/2010).
16. Implemented policy of regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions.
17. Caused increase of products and services in the U.S. by ending tax-benefits to corporations that off-shore some jobs.
18. Claims to have ended "torture" policy when in fact no such policy to torture prisoners exists. U.S. continues to operate in accordance to Geneva Conventions as it did under the Bush Administration, despite what the Moonbats claim.
19. Continues not provide promised transparency and accountability in how taxpayer money is spent in the "recovery".
20. Restricted credit card companies ability to transact business, causing an increase in credit card company expenses, which is passed on to the consumer.
21. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources resulting in higher energy costs to consumers.
22. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children, including illegal alien children, costing the American taxpayer billions of dollars, and adding to the budget deficit.
23. Wasted millions of taxpayer dollars to establish business.gov.
24. Went to Haiti for a photo op.
25. Went on vacation to Mumbai at a price tag of $200 million per day, taking 34 warships with him.
26. Went to North Dakota for a photo op.
27. Flew Air Force 1 (or was it Air Force 2) over the Ground Zero site as part of a publicity stunt.
28. Changed Iraq war strategy to failure.
29. Failed to turn his $1.4 million Nobel Prize award over to the U.S. Treasury as mandated by the U.S. Constitution in Article 1, Section 9.
30. Pushing for mandatory "volunteerism".
31. Redistributed taxpayer dollars via the Worker, Homeownership, and Business Assistance Act of 2009 to people who don't need the money.
32. Increasing student loans at taxpayer expense and resulting in higher tuition fees as colleges and universities recognize they can charge more for their services.
33. Liberalized America's policies toward Cuba, further empowering the totalitarian Castro regime.
34. Forcibly changed the relationship between businesses and contract employees in regards to compensation, benefits, and unemployment insurance.
35. Forced local school districts to retain unnecessary teachers via the Recovery Act.
36. Violates the rights of workers by limiting their choice of post White House employers (i.e. banning them from working for lobbyists).
37. Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act on February 4, 2009, provides quality health care to 11 million kids - 4 million who were previously uninsured, including millions of illegal aliens.
38. Made more taxpayer dollars available to small businesses.
39. Snubbed the Boy Scouts of America in order to appear on the more ideologically pure "The View".
40. Spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to take Michelle on a night on the town in New York City and a Broadway show.
41. Staged and rigged town hall meetings where the audience was preselected from the ideologically pure.
42. Spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money to appear on "The Tonight Show".
43. New federal funding for science research as long as it is ideologically pure (supports man-caused global warming, etc.).
44. Failed to identify and cut wasteful government spending.
45. Phasing out the F-22 next generation fighter plane, giving Russia and the Chi-Coms an advantage in military aircraft.
46. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions.
47. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research.
48. Stock market is still lower than when the Democrats took full control of congress in 2007.
49. Restarted the nuclear non-proliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols which is beneficial to countries like Russia and the Chi-Coms who have a vested interest in the U.S. reducing its nuclear weapons stocks while refusing to reduce their own weapons stockpiles.
50. Sent a Muslim cleric with potential terrorist ties to the Middle East as an envoy to garner financial support for the Ground Zero Mosque at taxpayer expense.
51. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program, costing taxpayer dollars.
52. Students struggling to make college loan payments can have their loans refinanced at taxpayer expense.
53. Failure to allow the U.S. navy to do what's necessary to protect U.S. shipping off the coast of Somalia. Should not wait until pirates have captives before acting.
54. FDA regulating tobacco.
55. Cutting the missile defense program by $1.4 billion - Russia and the Chi-Coms celebrate another victory.
56. Using taxpayer dollars to allow people who took on more debt than they can afford to refinance their mortgages on more favorable terms. Those of us who took on responsible mortgage debt take it in the shorts.
57. Closing foreign "secret" detention centers, releasing hundreds (more like thousands) of terrorists into the "wild".
58. US financial and banking bailouts.
59. Visited more countries and bowed to more world leaders at taxpayer expense than any other president during his first six months.
60. Spent more time golfing in his first 20 months than Bush during his eight years in office (or Clinton, for that matter).
61. Capitulated to Iran.
62. Supports Man-caused global warming ideology despite mounting evidence to the contrary.
63. Has never read a book on climate science (or any science).
64. Implemented timetable for Iraqi surrender to Iran backed Muqtada al-Sadr.
65. Capitulated to Russia.
66. Capitulated to Islamic Terrorists.
67. Plans to reduce our nuclear arsenal - Russia and Chi-Coms celebrate.
68. Economic stimulus plan fails to create new jobs, Unemployment continues at nearly 10%.
69. Kept the recession going since it began after the Democrats took full control of Congress in January 2007.
70. Screwed Wall Street and Main Street.
71. Chi-com's own over 20% of U.S. debt, meaning the U.S. taxpayer is now working for them.
72. Obama's budget for 2009 will leave permanent deficits that top $1 trillion in as late as 2020.
73. First president to have a budget deficit exceed $1 trillion. Also, first president to have a deficit to exceed $600 billion.
74. First president ot have back-to-back budget deficits that exceed $1 trillion.
75. Added $3 TRILLION to the National debt in 20 months of office.
76. Sent Michelle on vacation to Spain, costing taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
77. Ignores First Anniversary of the Fort Hood Massacre.
78. Believes it is okay for the U.S. to absorb more 9/11 scale terrorist attacks.
79. Escalating humiliation of travelers at airports with full body strip-tease scanners and TSA thugs allowed to grope and fondle (can we say sexual assault) people, including small children, all in the name of "keeping us safe".
80. Beer summit.
81. Dismissed charges against Black Panthers that were using intimidation tactics (and carrying weapons) at polling places during the 2008 election.
82. Failed to back Arizona's SB1070, a law that requires Arizona law enforcement officers to actually enforce existing law.
83. Failure to secure our border with Mexico.
84. Ceding territory in Arizona to Mexican drug cartels.
85. Blames Bush for his own failings.
86. Claims as his own successes in Iraq that were a result of Bush policies.
87. Joe Biden as VP.
88. Trying Khalid Sheik Mohammad in a civilian court, rather than a military tribunal.
89. Agreed to let Russian inspectors into OUR nuclear weapons facilities.
90. Over 9,000 gallons of fuel burned for Obama's Earth Day vacation and photo op to Iowa.
91. Only president to launch his political career from the living room of known terrorists.
92. Supports a European VAT on Americans.
93. Dropped to 8th place on the Economic Freedom chart, now ranking as "mostly free" for the first time since the chart began 16 years ago, and ranking below not only Hong Kong and Singapore, but below Canada and Switzerland.
94. ObamaCare. Need I say more?
All of these failures, plus many more, all in 20 months. Obama makes Jimmy Carter look good, which explains why Carter thinks so highly of Obama.
I ran across an interesting article on the web discussing a study that was performed in SF Fandom back in the mid-70s, New Maps of Science Fiction by William Sims Bainbridge and Murray M. Dalziel. I am including the main map that charts the perceived political leanings of the SF authors included by Bainbridge and Dalziel in their study.
This chart relates a Left-Right political leanings across the x-axis and their relation to writing hard-SF on the y-axis. It makes for an interesting study, especially since some of the authors who charted out as being right-wing had personal political beliefs that were distinctly to the Left of the center divide. However, this is charting perceptions developed from the surveys returned to the researchers.
The article is a darn good study in social science with a lot of explanations on how they performed the study and the results, and how they determined what authors to include in the study.
I've read most of the writers that were included in the survey, only two I have not read (Lafferty and McCaffrey). Most of the authors are about where I would expect them on both x-y axies (?), although some, like Asimov, drifted more to the Right side of the center divide than I would have expected.
I'd like to see a new study done along this line that includes a broader spectrum of authors, or maybe limit those writing from 1970 onward. There is a whole new crop of fans and writers, and it would be enlightening to see how things chart out today.